If you are moving into Northumberland Minor Hockey Association's "protected area" or "right of choice area", you will need to complete a residential transfer. This is advised regardless of interest in rep programming versus house league programming.
This is an easy and reasonably streamlined process if you provide all mandatory documentation, correctly and in a timely manner. We cannot submit the request for approval until all the obligatory documents are provided. Likewise, we also cannot submit a request until the move has taken place. There’s no guarantee on response time, so please do not wait until the last minute. We ask that you please contact our OMHA Centre Contact via email at [email protected] so that you can be provided with the appropriate form and informed of the appropriate process based on where you are moving from.
Northumberland is a residence-restricted association, and fully abides by [OMHA Regulation 3.3] governing that only confirmed residents of Cobourg and Port Hope's "protected area" or those players in "Right of Choice" area [OMHA regulation 3.4] shall be eligible to tryout, and be rostered to a Rep team.
Again, applications that are not complete cannot be processed and will only delay completion. While you will be given all of the pertinent information by our OMHA Centre Contact, please be aware that you will need to provide the following:
· Completed transfer form,
· Official confirmation of school enrollment,
· Letter to the school authorizing the OMHA to check on and confirm enrollment during the school year,
· Copy of fully executed agreement of purchase and sale, registered transfer of ownership, or rental agreement,
· Copy of parent(s)’ updated driver’s licences showing the new address,
· Copy of a utility or similar bill (i.e., hydro, telephone, cable, credit card, etc.) demonstrating parent(s)’ name and new address,
· If applicable, an executed copy of any relevant separation agreement, custody order, or divorce decree.
NMHA boundaries are:
East: Normar Road, Cobourg
West: East Townline Road, Port Hope
South: Lake Ontario
Centre Point: 7455 County Road #2
Right of Choice and Shared Areas do exist around the Northumberland protected area under OMHA Regulation 3.4
Centre Point of Surrounding Centres (for distance calculations)
Rep Centre Centre Point Address
Baltimore Minor Hockey 4882 County Road #45, Baltimore
Brighton Minor Hockey 40 Main Street, Brighton
Millbrook Minor Hockey 2 King Street West, Millbrook
Newcastle Minor Hockey 103 Caroline Street West, Newcastle
Orono Minor Hockey 8 Centreview Street, Orono