Read Me First (Northumberland Minor Hockey)

PrintRead Me First
We have created this page to help you with the registration process.  If your child is trying out for REP, the player must be registered with Northumberland Minor Hockey and purchase a Tryout Passport.  
To view the registration fees, click here.
Your child was registered with Northumberland Minor Hockey last year. To register your child in hockey, you will need to Register online through the Hockey Canada Registry 

*** Once you have registered, you can purchase your Tryout Passport online if your child will be trying out for REP  (see section below in Blue)  You must have both completed before trying out.
New to the Area
First Time Hockey Player
If your child is new to the area or never played hockey before, you must register through the Hockey Canada Registration page.  You can watch this tutorial video to help with how to register

Any new player to the NMHA wishing to participate in REP Try Outs must pre-register.

Important:  If your child has played REP in any previous season with another organization other than Northumberland, there is a transfer process that must happen (paperwork) and it must be approved by the OMHA before your child can step onto the ice for tryouts.  This page will guide you through the process.

Important:  If your child is new to hockey, a parent of the child will need to complete the OMHA's Respect In Sport course before the child can participate on the ice.  If one of the parents has already completed this course for another child in the family, you do not need to repeat.

Once your OMHA Residential Transfer is approved, you can register, then purchase your Tryout Passport and attend REP Tryouts.  (see below)
Non-resident player (NRP) If your child lives in a surrounding centre and is minor peewee age and above, your child may be eligible to tryout for one of Northumberland's AA REP teams IF the NMHA is the closest AA centre to your home address.  Only three (3) NRP's are permitted for each AA team as per OMHA guidelines. NRP's cannot play on AE teams.

1.  You must first register with your home centre and obtain an NRP Passport with Northumberland listed as the Centre - not Cobourg.  Your centre will tell you which centre you are eligible to tryout for.  
2.  Come to our AA tryouts and bring your NRP form with you.  A $25.00 tryout fee (cash only) is required before each tryout.  Paid at the door.
3.  If your child is selected as an NRP you will be required to immediately complete a NMHA registration form and submit with your registration payment.  
5.  Your REP team payments will vary based on the team's budget and that will be presented at the Parent meeting.

NRP's may be released by the coaches after the first tryout.
Tryout Passports All REGISTERED players trying out for a Northumberland REP team are required to pre-purchase a Tryout Passport which covers ALL tryout fees.  

Player Tryout Passports are non-transferable and non-refundable.  NMHA Players are guaranteed (4) tryouts regardless of AA or AE.  NMHA players must attend AA tryouts first and be released by the coach to tryout for AE.