- Player registers with their Home Centre
- Player requests a “Permission to Skate Form” from their Home Centre if they wish to tryout for AAA hockey.
- Player requests an NRP Passport from their Home Centre if they wish to tryout for either AA or A hockey. Only one passport will be given to any one player. Only players at Peewee and above will be given a Passport.
- The Home Centre will determine the player’s closest centre for AA Hockey or for A hockey. This will be done by the use of Google Maps and by measuring the distance from the player’s residence to the AA Centre’s “centre point” or the A Centre’s “centre point”. A list of the centre points has been distributed to all centres.
- The Home Centre will pre-register the player in the HCR system as “NON-Resident Player Passport” in the group drop down box in the pre-registration section. The Home Centre retains the top copy of the Passport.
- The Home Centre will fill out the Passport
- Name of Player
- Date of Birth
- Home Centre Player is eligible to attend tryouts with (this will be either the AA centre or the A centre – not both) and Player will indicate to the Home Centre if he chooses AA or A. The Home Centre will enter either the closest AA centre or the closest A centre based upon the player’s choosing AA or A.
- Home Centre Authorizing Signature
- Print Title (of the authorizing signature)
- Date of authorizing signature
The rest of the Passport will be filled out by the AA or A centre and, if the player is successful in obtaining a position with the team to which they are trying out for, the AA or A Centre will upload the completed Passport in The Player’s Profile in the HCR System. If the player is unsuccessful in obtaining a position, he returns to the Home Centre.
It is also important to explain to your parents/players who request a Passport that the AA or A team is allowed to only accept 3 NRP players.
Players can try out at AAA but this is not mandatory. Players can tryout at AA OR A (not both) and if they are not offered a spot on the AA or A team they return home. They can not tryout for another AA or A team if cut.